If your “check engine” light comes on, what do you do? Take it straight to the shop, or ignore it for a while and hope it turns off?
A new survey found 1 in 7 drivers are currently driving around in a car that potentially has a serious issue. And 29% of people who’ve had their “check engine” light come on have waited over a MONTH to get it looked at.
The average car has three things that aren’t working the way they should.
Here are the five most common car issues we’re currently ignoring . . .
1. A rattling sound. 17% are currently ignoring it.
2. Brakes that squeak or grind, 15%.
3. The “check engine” light is on, also 15%.
4. A cracked windshield, 14%.
5. A leak coming from somewhere under the car, 14%.
The survey also found 28% of us have talked to our car while driving it . . . 32% have thanked it for getting us somewhere in one piece . . . and 19% of us drive around with a lucky charm in our car.