Spring has arrived! So a new study looked at America’s spring-cleaning habits. And 37% of us plan to spend an entire DAY or more de-cluttering our home this spring. Here are six more stats . . .
1. The most common place to start your spring cleaning is in the bedroom. 48% of people in the survey said that’s where they’ll start.
2. 62% said they have at least one closet filled with stuff they’re not using. And 41% said they have stuff taking up space in their garage.
3. 34% said living with someone who’s tidy is very important to them. And 32% would rather wait in line at the DMV than get into an argument about cleaning.
4. One of the top things we’d like to accomplish is turning a room into a home office. 29% said it’s a goal, while 26% want to turn a cluttered space into a nice guest room.
5. The top things we think we can sell when we spring clean are old electronics and clothes or shoes.
6. 70% of us feel a sense of accomplishment after we clean . . . 61% said they feel “de-stressed” . . . and 54% feel more relaxed in a clean space.